About Pronatura México A.C.
Pronatura Mexico’s mission is the conservation of flora, fauna and priority ecosystems, while promoting society’s
development in harmony with nature. Pronatura México, A.C. was first created in 1981 and in the following years,
regional and state representative offices were constituted. Together, they integrate Pronatura’s National System,
with strategies and actions oriented towards achieving the conservation and sustainable development of priority
regions and sites for biodiversity preservation in the country.
Pronatura Mexico’s main thematic programs are:
And our strategic lines are:
- Climate Change
- Private and Social Land Conservation
- Green Funds
- Priority Species
- Conservation and sustainable management of priority ecosystems;
- Environmental education and strategic communication;
- Community sustainable development;
- Política y gestión ambiental;
- Information development and management.
Institutional strengthening of the Pronatura National System through the joint coordination of actions and processes,
internal involvement, information availability and public outreach, and the lending of assistant services through its
areas of Institutional Strengthening, Communication, Funding, Administration and Finances.
The principles and values of Pronatura Mexico identify it as an organization which:
The values on which these principles are based on are:
- Interacts within the organization and with its surroundings in an inclusive manner, privileging equitability in decision making.
- Maintains transparency in its internal as well as external relations.
- Promotes trust as an important element in all relations, seeking mutual and balanced benefits.
- Manages resources in accordance with the highest responsibility standards.
- Considers that conservation is done with the people and for the people: recognizing the importance of the roles of both, men and women.
- Seeks, first of all, to dialogue and avoids unnecessary confrontations.
- Acts with professionalism and makes decisions based on formal scientific and social grounds.
- Has the conviction that development must be based on an intelligent use of natural resources to be compatible with conservation.
- Promotes co-responsibility between users and decision makers.
- Acts in accordance with its mission and institutional values in all the different decision making levels.
- Looks to generate innovative models with an integrated vision that promotes the involvement and social auto-management.
Responsibility, honesty, tolerance, equity, respect, congruency and professionalism.